Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Tea links that don't stinks?

Howdy all, since this is the first post here you'll notice that there is not a whole lot of anything. That is a temporary problem I assure you. There are many tales to be told. Here you will eventually find tales of the utmost stupidity, the outright thirsty, and the obscenely fickle eccentricities of tea drinkers, transporters, and makers.

Unfortunately it doesn't yet, does it? If you happened upon this before I could put some interesting things here I thought it would be best to give you some links to places that will interest you.

Stash Teas page dedicated to the many things that their drinkers have sent into them over the years. Some are interesting but most make me wonder how the word "WHAT" earned its all caps.
Typical post goes something like:
"One time when I was at band camp I stuck a biscotti in my hot Stash Osmanthus Guanqxi Guihua cup of tea and it was good."
Stash also gives us...
Seems more dedicated to being all inclusive rather than entertaining. Quite a few of them but unfortunately I haven't really found any all that interesting. I'm sure there are some hidden in there if you happen need a quote.

They have a page dedicated to the history of tea and of course purchasing. The former is not very entertaining and the latter, well that's also not very entertaining, unless you want to go shopping.

A monthly newsletter dedicated to tea. They tend to have decent articles but they only update it once a month and even then its only one article, one tea story or poem, and one Ask Mr. Tea (I pity the fool who thinks a real question has ever been answered!) The articles are hit and miss depending on what you're looking for but as a whole tend to paint a rather fair and full image of the world of tea and that's good. The poetry tends to be terrible. It's reminiscent of a time when rich wives and would compose poetry to their help with the pretense that they were helping them become cultured. As for "Ask Mr. Tea", half of the time he seems to be answering a question on how to buy his (not as impressive as he thinks) tea pot that strangely seems to want you to put the water in first (at least according to the animation on the page that sells it.) The rest of the time the questions are so basic that it begs the question "Why not just have a FAQ page to deal with the top twenty or so stupid questions about tea and get on with some real questions?" The most interesting one is about Einstein but I don't get it. I've read it several times and am still unsatisfied with "and the story tells itself." No it doesn't. Was it a double headed coin? Was it that he never told us which side of the coin corresponds to which drink? Could it be that he had mixed the two drinks as the beginning of the story suggests the tale will be about? And just how the hell old is this dude supposed to be? Sorry, I actually like this page, no really I do.

This page is part of the Adagio Teas page but I didn't link to the front page or you'd have to wait for that stupid tea pots animation to load. This page appears to be the money making force that puts out the Tea Muse Newsletter. Odd then that they have a better listing of the health benefits here. This is one of the most all inclusive lists on the health benefits being attributed to tea these days.
For more of the same you might also want to check out Tea 4 Health.

Well that seems like a good start. Now go have a nice cup.

5 comments

At 8/24/2005 01:09:00 PM, Blogger tallyho said...

Tea? Why tea? Why not politics or dogs or vidio games? Whats there to talk about tea?

 
At 8/24/2005 01:13:00 PM, Blogger tallyho said...

That was very rude of me, I'm deaply sorry. Please you can delete the message if you want. I really would like to see more.

 
At 8/24/2005 02:15:00 PM, Blogger Matthew K. Petty said...

Ha, that's actually the idea. Dogs sounds like a boring blog topic to me, but I imagine if one came out of no where and started humping my mother in law at a wedding I'd feel differently.

No, I don't have a story about tea jumping anyone at a wedding. I'll keep my eye out though.

 
At 8/24/2005 07:42:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My articles are intended to be more humourous than informative. The Einstein story requires some background knowledge in quantum physical (i.e. Schrodinger's cat problem) to fully appreciate.

Mr. Tea

 
At 8/24/2005 10:33:00 PM, Blogger Matthew K. Petty said...

Ah, Mr. Tea, I will gladly admit that your articles appear to intend to be humorous. Unfortunately after reacquainting myself with Schrödinger and his cat I still must say that the story does not tell itself.

The experiment you mention would be closer to putting a dead cat and a living cat in a box, rather than the other way around and that would just be cruel. I think the story is missing a small piece of the puzzle. I get what you're going for, but even with the reference it still is missing something.

I have to thank you for the link though. On that page was a link to a funny poem by Cecil Adams that I think makes your post funnier as it actually has a reference to flipping a coin.

When I started this post I did not expect it to turn into a review or condemnation of the sites listed. As I said I really do like the Teamuse page as well as the others listed. I apparently had that Einstein article eating away at my subconscious somewhere and it just spilled out. After it was written I felt it was at least as funny as the original article it was lampooning. So I was forced to leave it. Hopefully others will go to your page read it and come back here to fill in that small missing piece that would make it more clear or funny.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home