Friday, September 02, 2005

Waiter, There's a Tea Bag In My Oatmeal!

In the morning I usually start the day with either oatmeal or cereal and a cup of tea. Today I was having oatmeal and right after starting to eat it I realized that I should have used the tea to make the oatmeal. So I started working on a second bowl! I looked in the cupboard for the most teacup like bowl I could find, grabbed my camera, brewed some Twinning Earl Grey and...

I know what you're thinking.
What no lemon, milk, or sugar?

The only oatmeal I tend to have around is instant "Maple and Brown Sugar" so I figured it had enough sugar in it already. Then I combined the oatmeal and Earl Grey. Yes I used a teabag, I prefer my Earl Grey that way.

Notice how I covered up the
filthy stove from the first photo
with a wonderfully orange towel.

Then it was time to do some eating. The first bite was admittedly a cautious one. I really didn't know what to expect.

Wow! Lesson learned...

I was completely shocked. I suspected it would be good or I wouldn't have bothered, but I had no idea how good it would be. That was quite literally the best bowl of oatmeal I have ever had. I was actually laughing! I'm not sure if you can remember the last time a bowl of oatmeal made you laugh, but I'm betting it was a long time ago if you can. How much was I laughing? Enough time to think it would be a good idea to make a happy face in my bowl.

Happy Oatmeal!

This was a complete success! The worst part of the experiment was trying a dozen or so times to get a decent photo for the happy face. Not so much the picture taking part but the waiting to eat its eyeballs out.

You must try this, I am not kidding about how good it was.

Now go have a bowl.

1 comments

At 9/03/2005 08:33:00 AM, Blogger Alin said...

Nice photo and very nice food...I should try..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home