Saturday, October 01, 2005

Can't Stop the Broadcast.

Put down that cup of tea and go see Serenity!

If you can't bear to be without for a full two hours, sneak some in hidden in a flask, do whatever you gotta' do but do it now!

When you are done doing that you'll need the DVD for the rest of the story. It's not at all required to understand the movie but you will need it like a fool. I expect a shortage the likes of gasoline so go get a copy soon. It's that good!

Oh, and they drink tea in the TV show so that's how I justify mentioning it here on a page about tea. Serenity rhymes with tea as well so how could I not mention it? Sadly the movie only made reference to tea, but hey I'll take it.

If you're not familiar with the show yet you will be soon whether you want to or not so I'll be merciful. The fastest way to sum it up is "Imagine Star Wars with everyone as cool as Han Solo." Everyone is awesome, the good guys, the bad guys, the ugly and the pretty. It's the funniest movie I've seen in a very long time. Not because it's a comedy but because when something screwed up happens the characters recognize the absurdity and react appropriately.

If you already have the DVD excellent. I'll add some eggs to the comments when I remember where they are. There is one of Jayne singing "The Hero of Canton." that's a can't miss.

Feel free to skip $7.00 worth of tea to see this movie.

Now go...

see this movie!

4 comments

At 10/01/2005 01:36:00 AM, Blogger Melody said...

hey, found your blog through blog explosion.

interesting site! love your obsession with tea :)

 
At 10/02/2005 12:15:00 AM, Blogger Matthew K. Petty said...

MirrorMask came out the same day as Serenity. I'm looking forward to that one as well, but I will wait until next week. Neil is busy guy right now isn't he? Strange how after summer finishes and suddenly all these great movies peek out of the darkness.

Green Tea ice cream, mmmmmmm tasty.

 
At 10/02/2005 02:24:00 PM, Blogger WendyWings said...

Sitting here with a cup of English Breakfast tea reading your blog. :)

 
At 10/02/2005 06:56:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I am a fan of tea but I'm much more a fan of Serenity. I'm glad you enjoyed the movie and posted about it. There isn't much good tv/movies these days so its nice that something with some quality is getting the attention it deserves.

Now tea, on the other hand, doesn't get nearly the respect that it should. But that's why you have a blog for it, isn't it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home